PECULIARITIES OF LEARNING FOREIGN LANGUAGES BY STUDENTS - NON-PHILOLOGISTS
In the article the features of professional training in a university related to translation of texts are observed. The authors prove that translation is one of the skills provided for the foreign language. Translation is a necessary condition of the students' sufficient communicative competence in professional activities. Authors analyse the new approaches to translation of professional texts; types of training exercises for translation are listed. The importance of a professional text and a method to use it in preparing students of non-philological specialties are revealed.
Analysis of recent research and publications has shown that currently there is a lack of fundamental methodological studies related to training interpreters of specialized texts. This is obviously caused by the specificity and complexity of translation as a kind of speech activity. Purpose of this paper is to reveal the importance of a professional text and a method to use it in preparing students of non-philological specialties, to analyze the types of exercises and their feasibility. Authors offer to discuss some examples of tasks for students aimed at practicing the ability to allocate the necessary information in the text.
1. Konovalova L. Formuvati fakhovu kompetentníst' razom íz zhittêvoyu (Ríznorívneví zavdannya za profesíynim spryamuvannyam u protsesí vivchennya anglíys'koí̈ movi u vishchikh navchal'nikh zakladakh Í-ÍÍ rívnív akreditatsíí̈) [Forming the professional competence together with the everyday one (multilevel tasks for professional purposes in the process of learning English in institutions of I-II levels of accreditation)]., L. Konovalova., Ínozemní movi v navchal'nikh zakladakh [Foreign languages at schools]. – 2011. – No.1., pp. 42-47.
2. Posobiye po perevodu tekhnicheskoy literatury (angl. yazyk) [Manual for the translation of technical literature (English language)]., Barkhudarov L.S., Zhukova D.I., Kvasyuk I.D., Shveytser L.D. – Moskva., Vysshaya shkola [High School], 1967. – 282 p.
3. Malyus'ka Z.V. Navchannya perekladu fakhovikh tekstív u nemovnomu vishchomu navchal'nomu zakladí. [Teaching to translate professional texts in a non-linguistic university]., Z.V. Malyus'ka., Vísnik Zhitomirs'kogo derzhavnogo uníversitetu ímení Ívana Franka. Seríya: Fílologíchní nauki: zb. nauk. pr. [Journal of the Zhytomyr State University named after Ivan Franko. Series: Philology [Collection of scientific papers] – Zhitomir., ZHDU, 2009. – Issue. 46., pp. 137-140.
4. Mednikova E.M. Znacheniye slova i metod yego opisaniya [The word meaning and the method to describe it]., E.M. Mednikova – Moskva, Vysshaya shkola [High School], 1974. – 202 p.
5. Zimnyaya I.A. Psikhologicheskiy analiz perevoda kak vida rechevoy deyatel'nosti [Psychological analysis of translation as a type of speech activity]., I.A. Zimnyaya., Coll. of scien. works. MGPIIYA named after M. Torez, 1978. – Issue. 127., pp. 37-49.
6. Barabanova G.V. Metodika navchannya profesíyno-oríêntovanogo chitannya u nemovnomu VNZ [Method of teaching the professionally-oriented reading in non-linguistic universities]., G.V. Barabanova. – Kiev., “ÍNKOS” Company, 2005. – 315 p.
7. Degtyariova Y. Reading-Focused Instruction Programme for University Students of Business English in Ukraine., Y. Degtyariova., Business Issues. – 2003., No. 3., pp. 17-20.
8. Gaponov Yu.A. Sistema vprav dlya navchannya studentív-fílologív perekladu galuzevoí̈ líteraturi [The system of exercises for training the students-linguists to translate the field-specific literature], Yu.A. Gaponov., Access mode: http://www.stattionline.org.ua/filologiya/87/15735-sistema-vprav-dlya-na...